According to ancient Norse mythology, Frigg was the goddess of love, marriage, destiny, the sky and weaving. She is said to have weaved the clouds to control the weather and the threads of fate to determine the destiny of men and gods alike.
Frigg is also depicted as a goddess of fertility, household management, motherhood and domestic arts. She is considered the protector of birthing women and was called upon by those who were dying to help them transition to the after-life.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a prestigious display case.
- Struck in high relief and has an antique finish, which adds to the aesthetic appeal when held and helps accentuate the design.
- Obverse: Displays a right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: The reverse of the coin depicts Frigg sitting on Odin’s high seat cradling a newborn baby in one arm and holding a rose quartz pendant in the other. Also featured is a falcon, white candles and woven threads. The inscription FRIGG and The Perth Mint’s traditional ‘P’ mintmark also feature in the design.
With a mintage of only 2,000 coins, these are sure to be quick sell-outs from the Perth mint. Add this high relief coin to your cart today.
To capture the depth and detail of the design, the coin is struck in high relief to a rimless format, and has been individually antiqued to give it a unique finish conveying the surface abrasions of an ancient artifact. As a result of this treatment, the appearance of each coin may vary.