This short-lived type was minted for only two years during the Second Mexican Empire under Emperor Maximilian. This example is graded MS-62 by PCGS and showcases well the fantastic detail of this beautiful design.
- Contains .7859 oz of Silver.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the coin's MS-62 condition.
- Excellent condition for the type, with mostly unmarked surfaces and nice, original appearance.
- Obverse: Bust of Emperor Maximilian, sole emperor of the Second Mexican Empire.
- Reverse: Elaborate crowned arms in front of crossed swords, supported by a pair of griffins. Denomination, date, and mint mark below.
Protect and display your Peso coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Coinage from the Second Mexican Empire is difficult to come by and highly sought after when offered. Rarely is a coin of this type found with such tremendous eye appeal! Add this coin to your cart today!
Listed by Krause as KM #388.