Featuring a design by sculptor Charles Pillet, this short-lived Mexican peso is considered by many to be one of the most beautiful coins ever minted. This nice white example has been graded MS-64 by NGC.
- Graded MS-64 by NGC.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees and protects the MS-64 condition of the coin.
- Mintage of 2,880,000 coins.
- Designed by the French sculptor Charles Pillet with modifications by the U.S. Mint's Charles Barber.
- Obverse: Mexican coat of arms featuring a golden eagle perched atop a cactus, devouring a snake. Denomination below.
- Reverse: Portrait of Liberty mounted on a horse, carrying a laurel branch and torch in front of a rising sun. Date below.
- Produced in Mexico City.
Protect and display your Silver Caballito in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Combining the work of two great masters of the medallic arts, the Caballito peso is well known for its beauty and prized by collectors for its rarity, being a short-lived type that saw wide circulation. Add this exceptional example to your cart today!