Less commonly seen than the 8 reales, the 4 reales features the same classic cap and rays design. This lighly circulated example was produced at the Zacatecas mint in 1868.
- Contains .3925 oz of Silver, and is slightly larger than a U.S. half dollar.
- Encapsulation by NGC guarantees the authenticity and grade and protects the coin.
- Obverse: Mexican coat of arms featuring a golden eagle perched atop a cactus, devouring a snake.
- Reverse: Radiant Phrygian cap, symbolic of liberty, with denomination, mintmark, date, assayer initials and composition below.
- Produced at the Zacatecas mint.
Add this historic coin to your cart today!