Silver Eagles were recently discovered to have been minted at the Philadelphia Mint in very small quantities since 2015. These coins, only identifiable from their sealed monster box, are certified as being among the few coins to come from Philadelphia.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin and certifies its Philadelphia origin.
- As of the Mint's announcement on March 20, 2017, less than 11% of 2017 Silver Eagles were minted in Philadelphia.
- Due to differences in processes at U.S. Mint facilities, far fewer Philadelphia-minted coins grade a perfect MS-70 than their West Point counterparts.
- Obverse: Adolph A. Weinman’s design showing Lady Liberty draped in an American flag, walking gracefully as the sun rises over a ridge.
- Reverse: A heraldic eagle is shown below 13 small stars, representing the original colonies.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your Silver Eagle in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
With only 1,000,000 coins minted as of March 20, 2017, the 2017 (P) Silver Eagle brings the appeal of a low-mintage issue to the world's most popular Silver bullion coin. In comparison, the key date 1996 coin has a mintage of over 3.6 million. Don't miss the opportunity to add an MS-70 Philadelphia-minted 2017 Silver Eagle to your collection today!