Sold out at the mint! This 1 oz Platinum coin comes from the Royal Canadian Mint’s celebrated Maple Leaf Forever series that has been incredibly popular. With a very limited mintage of 250 coins, this one won't last long.
- Contains 1 oz of .9995 Platinum.
- Each coin comes elegantly presented in a custom red wood lacquered case and black beauty box.
- A limited mintage of just 250 coins will make this a sought-after collectible, just as it was the previous year when it sold out.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt as well as the face value of “300 DOLLARS”.
- Reverse: Depicts meticulously engraved Douglas maples leaves struck on a reverse proof. A single large leaf drifts down the center of the coin while five more float along the upper edge in a style reminiscent of the first coins that circulated in the colony. Pink gold plate adds a breathtaking highlight to the design, while vivid color enhances the remaining elements, including the pair of winged samaras that appear to the right of the central leaf. The leaves are more serrated than those of the sugar maple that appears on Canada’s national flag, a distinctive feature that has been reproduced with uncompromising detail on this exceptional platinum coin.
This limited-mintage Platinum coin makes a unique gift for collectors and investors alike. Add this 2017 Proof Canadian Platinum Maple Leaf Forever coin to your cart today!
No other leaf strikes a chord of Canadian national pride like the maple, and this very limited Platinum coin features a design of Douglas maple leaves to highlight the diversity of maple species behind Canada’s beloved symbol. The Douglas maple (Acer glabrum var. douglasii) is considered the northernmost maple in North America, growing along the Pacific Coast to Alaska, throughout central and southern British Columbia, and on the eastern slopes of the Rocky Mountains in Alberta.