The grey wolf (Canis lupus) has long inspired Canada’s artists to create artwork that captures the wild beauty of the iconic species. This fine Silver coin introduces a new take on the traditional image of the fearless predator.
- Contains 2.2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint.
- Limited mintage of only 4,000 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Features an ornate, abstract rendering of the Canadian grey wolf.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this $30 Fine Silver Zentangle Art: The Great Gray Wolf coin to your cart today!
The reverse design by Canadian artist Jori Van Der Linde features a unique side-profile view of a revered icon of the Canadian wilderness: the grey wolf (Canis lupus). Its familiar silhouette, distinctive features and steely gaze provide a framework for a life-like portrait. The texture of the wolf’s fur lends itself beautifully to a layering of repetitive abstract patterns, which adds a stunning complexity to this fresh artistic take on a traditional wildlife portrait.