This is the fifth coin in an unforgettable series that celebrates Canada’s 150th anniversary and the 50th anniversary of the 1967 Canadian Centennial circulation coins.
In 1967, a unique set of circulation coins captured the spirit of a young nation celebrating a milestone anniversary. Designed by artist Alex Colville, the 1967 Canadian Centennial circulation coins are still beloved today for their historic relevance and for their understated elegance that is beautifully conveyed on the fifth coin in this continuing series of Big Coins.
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a maroon clamshell with a custom outer box and a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of just 2,150 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the second effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, as it appeared on the original coins.
- Reverse: The reverse re-creates the 50-cent circulation coin designed by Canadian artist Alex Colville, and features the side profile of a howling wolf.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
A great opportunity to revisit a proud moment in our history while celebrating another key milestone. Add this 2017 Canada 5 oz Proof Silver Big Coin to your collection today!