This bold coin has been designated VF Details due to the presence of chop marks, sought by many collectors because of their historical significance.
- Contains .7797 oz of Silver.
- Encapsulation by NGC guarantees and protects the condition of the coin.
- Chop marks on both obverse and reverse add historic appeal.
- Obverse: Armored bust of Charles IV of Spain with date below.
- Reverse: The Pillars of Hercules flanking the crowned arms of Castille and Leon. The Pillars, a classical symbol of the promontories defining the Strait of Gibraltar, are adorned with a ribbon reading "Plus Ultra," Latin for "further beyond", symbolizing Spain's global exploration.
- Minted in Mexico City with the "Mo" mint mark.
Protect your holders from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Chop marks were used throughout the world as signs of independent verification of a coin's authenticity, and are often seen on coins that were used in commerce in the Orient. Many collectors seek coins with chop marks because they serve as a visible historical record of the coin's use in trade. Add this historic Silver 8 Reales coin to your cart today!