The Somalian Silver Elephant has been popular worldwide since it was first produced in 2004. Struck in .9999 fine Silver, this coin makes a great addition to any portfolio.
African elephants are the largest and heaviest land animal on the earth with no known natural predators once they reach adulthood. This majestic animal graces the reverse of each coin with a design that changes yearly making it desirable by both collectors and investors.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in mint tubes. Multiples of 500 are packaged in “Monster Boxes.” All other coins will be in protective plastic.
- Obverse: Displays the Somalian Coat of Arms and the date along with the face value of 100 shillings.
- Reverse: Features a close-up of an adult elephant with his trunk reaching out towards the rim of the coin. In the background are two birds in flight and a leafless tree.
- Minted at the Bavarian State Mint in Germany.
Protect and display your coin in style by adding an attractive presentation box to add to your order.
Being the largest land animal and one of the most majestic creatures on the planet, this is sure to be a hit with collectors and investors alike. Add this 2018 1 oz Silver Somalian Elephant coin to your cart today!
Celebrating African WildlifeThe Silver Somalian Elephant honors the amazing African fauna that makes its home all over the African savannah. Introduced as the Zambian Silver Elephant in 1999, the Silver Elephant as we know it is available in two sizes: 1 oz and 1 kilo. This Silver bullion coin is treasured for its exceptional .9999 fineness, stunning artwork and the annual obverse design showcasing majestic African elephants in a natural setting.
Silver Elephants are minted at the oldest company in Munich, the Bavarian State Mint, or Das Bayerisches Hauptmünzamt. Established in 1158 by the authorization of Heinrich dem Löwen, the mint is known for its exacting standards in manufacturing and the subsequent high quality of its collector coins, seals and medals.