A tough and desirable note at an affordable price. Nice portrait of General George Thomas who rose to prominence during the American Civil War. These Treasury or Coin notes are scarce in any condition.
- Housed in an inert mylar currency sleeve by PMG.
- Graded Very Fine-25 by PMG.
- Signatures: Tillman/Morgan. Friedberg #363.
- Face: Portrait of George Thomas at center, a general in the Union Army during the Civil War known as "The Rock of Chickamauga".
- Back: Obligation language in scalloped design at right with the denomination in multiple places and styles.
These notes are collectible due to their brief issue and low printing. Add this 1891 $5.00 Treasury Note to your cart today!
Although this note has seen circulation, it is still desirable since in higher grades this note is quite expensive!
Although titled as Treasury Notes, the obligation boldly stating these could be redeemed in coin which led to them being referred to as Coin Notes.