Fifth and final coin in an exciting five-coin series that showcases a beautifully engraved bird in its colorful Canadian habitat.
Named for its habit of pecking at its meal, the white-breasted nuthatch is a bundle of energy that thinks nothing of creeping down a tree headfirst, or hanging upside down from a vertical branch. The fifth and final coin in the Birds Among Nature’s Colors series captures its beauty in stunning engraved detail amid the deep green hues of Canada’s boreal forest.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coins come in a maroon clamshell box with a graphic outer sleeve.
- Limited mintage of 15,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features a single nuthatch as it grips the branch of a white spruce.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this 1/2 oz Silver Nuthatch coin to your cart today!
The reverse design by Canadian artist Derek C. Wicks features a precision-engraved portrait of a female white-breasted nuthatch. This little songbird is positioned in a way that offers a side profile view of its facial features as it lifts its long bill upwards; meanwhile, an overhead view of its back and wing plumage reveals a patterned appearance that is artfully conveyed by the detailed engraving. Selective color recreates the effect of sunlight alternately illuminating and casting shadows along the needled branch of a white spruce, where a cone provides a sense of the nuthatch’s size.