The final coin in the Celebrating Canada’s 150th series highlights one of the many vibrant Inuit traditions that are an important part of life in Nunavut.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes packaged in a maroon clamshell with a black beauty box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 25,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Depicts a detailed engraved image of a drum dance on Devon Island, Nunavut.
- Struck and applied with vibrant color, each coin is presented in the order of each of Canada’s province or territory’s entry into Confederation.
Add this 1/2 oz Silver $10 Drum Dancing coin to your cart today!
Based on a photograph by Canadian photographer Michelle Valberg, the reverse features vibrant color over detailed engraving that captures an Inuit drum dance on Devon Island, Nunavut. Artist Mathew Nuqingaq of Iqaluit, Nunavut, is dressed in traditional clothing as he lifts up a large frame drum (a qilaut) while performing a traditional song. The sun adds a vibrancy to the Arctic landscape behind him, where the golden colors of the tundra stand out beneath the clear blue sky.