Third coin in a series of 99.99% pure Silver coins that combine full color, engraving and glow-in-the-dark technology.
To be out in the wilderness, away from the hustle and bustle of modern-day living, is truly a breath of fresh air for many Canadians. In a timeless tradition, a roaring campfire represents the perfect end to an activity-filled day; this third coin continues our exploration of Canada’s love for the great outdoors, where photo-luminescent technology adds just the right glow to a quiet campsite.
- Contains .75 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 15,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays a right-facing profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Features two campers enjoying a fireside moment.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this $15 Great Canadian Outdoors Around the Campfire Proof coin to your cart today!
The reverse design by Joel Kimmel captures the mood in an idyllic lakeside setting, where two campers are enjoying a fireside moment. Blue and purple colors dominate the landscape, where the shadowy shapes of rolling hills and dense forest rise up along the horizon. In the sky, pink hues are the last, lingering reminders of daylight, as a canopy of stars emerges overhead.
Glow-in-the-dark technology re-creates the luminous shine of a full moon and its reflection on the lake, where a loon and two chicks are still visible in the moonlight. On the sandy beach, the male camper rests on a rock while the female sits on a log; both are quietly enjoying each other’s company while taking in the beauty of their surroundings. Their profiles are softly illuminated by the warm glow of the campfire “burning” bright at the center of the coin, not far from the pitched tent that is illuminated from within.