Only the second coin created from the Royal Canadian Mint now featuring a wood piece in addition to selective color.
This coin pays tribute to the enduring, engaging canoe, an ingenious creation from the past that is now a modern icon of Canada. Canoeing reconnects people with nature in ways unmatched by any other watercraft. As you paddle in silence, you are experiencing Canada the same way as the first European explorers, and countless Aboriginal people who traveled North America’s vast waterways for thousands of years before.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 4,500 coins.
- Obverse: Displays a right-facing profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Features a miniature canoe that is laser etched for remarkable realism and 3D effect on a rocky shoreline.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this $20 Canoe to Tranquil Times Poof coin to your cart today!
A miniature wood canoe laser-etched for remarkable realism and 3D effect dominates this design by Canadian artist Margaret Best. In the distance, a rocky shoreline with dense vegetation has been meticulously enhanced with selective color while a twig of maple leaves highlight the design’s Canadian roots. In the foreground, two canoe paddles rest against the rocks of a small sandy niche that has provided the perfect spot to come ashore.