As low as $229.99 per oz over spot!
A mint first. The Royal Canadian Mint's first first 3 oz reverse Gold plated coin provides a large canvas for the contemporary design on the reverse, where even the smallest engraved details shine!
- Contains 3 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 3,500 coins.
- Gold plating throughout the reverse and the obverse give this .9999 fine Silver coin the appearance of being made of Gold.
- Obverse: Displays Susanna Blunt’s design of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the $50 face value.
- Reverse: Features intricate engraving to recreate a grouping of maple leaves in geometric shapes.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Protect your investments from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add the 3 oz Silver $50 Magnificent Maple Leaves coin to your cart today!
The whispering movement of maple leaves is Canada’s summer song: a peaceful yet invigorating sound that softly rolls through the air in gentle waves. This 3 oz. fine Silver coin captures the beauty of maple foliage swaying in a warm breeze, with the addition of reverse Gold plating to mimic the golden glow of a summer day. There is a striking contrast on the coin’s Silver surface that is only visible in the central leaf on the reverse, and the effigy on the obverse. The effect is a stunning contrast, one that greatly emphasizes the geometric-based shapes that give each leaf a multi-faceted appearance.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Calder Moore presents a contemporary, stylized take on the traditional depiction of Canada’s most beloved national emblem. Intricate engraving re-creates a grouping of maple leaves, with each leaf comprised of geometric-based shapes that give it a more multi-faceted appearance, to convey a swaying motion in the warm breeze. Beautiful reverse Gold plating fills the reverse in a way that mimics the golden glow cast by the summer sun. Only the effigy on the obverse, and the central leaf on the reverse, offer a glimpse of the coin’s silver surface, its polished surface adds an exquisite shine, like that of direct sunlight illuminating each engraved detail within the leaf’s serrated tips. The reverse gold-plated obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.