The Perth Mint is proud to present this gorgeous 1/4 oz Silver proof kangaroo featuring the latest 2017 kangaroo design.
The Perth Mint will release no more than 10,000 of the 2017 Australian Kangaroo 1/4oz Silver Proof Coin in this packaging from a maximum mintage of 13,000.
- Contains 1/4 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- The coin is housed in a classic Perth Mint presentation case with a themed, customized shipper and is accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 13,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Portrays a bounding red kangaroo surrounded by stylized rays of sunlight. The design includes the inscription "AUSTRALIAN KANGAROO", The Perth Mint’s "P" mintmark, the 2017 year-date, and the coin’s weight and fineness.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Add this 1/4 oz Silver Kangaroo Proof to your cart today!
The kangaroo is the largest marsupial surviving on Earth today. The animal’s distinctive style of movement, hopping on its hind legs whilst using its large, muscular tail for balance, means it is one of the only animals which are unable to move backwards easily. An unofficial symbol of Australia, the kangaroo features in the Australian national emblem alongside the emu.