2018 Great Britain 1 oz Silver Britannia BU
Britannia has long represented resilience and strength, which continues in the 2018 release of this popular bullion coin.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Coin comes in protective plastic. Multiples of 25 come in mint tubes. Multiples of 500 come in 20 mint tubes inside a monster box
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 2 pounds.
- Reverse: Features the internationally recognized figure of Britannia standing firm against a powerful gale. Her image has symbolized Britain’s strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times. A radial sunburst design behind Britannia adds anti-counterfeiting protection Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Protect your Silver Britannia with this clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
This 2018 Silver Britannia coin would be a great addition to any bullion collection. Add this 2018 1 oz Silver Britannia to your cart today!
Over the years, the image of Britannia has been altered slightly, with Britain’s maritime dominance being emphasized by trading out her spear for a trident. Britannia is seen as a symbol of British unity, liberty and strength, meaning she resurfaces during particularly challenging times. Just as with Columbia in the U.S. and Marianne in France, the figure of Britannia becomes more visible in times of war or when national pride is booming.
In 1987, Britannia’s image was selected to grace the new Gold bullion coin produced by the Royal Mint, known as the Gold Britannia. These Gold coins boomed in popularity both as an investment item and a collector’s piece. Due to the immense demand for the Gold Britannia, in 1997 the Royal Mint expanded this design to include the Great Britain Silver Britannia. Over time, both the Gold Britannia and Silver Britannia have experienced changes in design and an increase in metal purity, making them highly desirable in the modern bullion coin market.