In 2003 the Italian Mint, Istituto Poligrafico e Zecca dello Stato, launched the commemorative program "Europe of Arts". Each 50 € Proof Gold coin features a country and their most famous artist.
This attractive 2004 issue features the country of Denmark and its artist Bertel Thorvaldsen.
- Contains .4667 oz actual Gold weight.
- Certified PF-69 Ultra Cameo by NGC.
- Obverse: Features a sequence of one of Thorvaldsen's famous artworks depicting a departing angel carrying two infants and an owl right to the angel's feet, the denomination and the name of the series "EUROPA DELLE ARTI".
- Reverse: Depicts a sailing boat symbolizing the journey through Europe with the 12 Europe stars above, date and "RI" monogram for "Republica Italiana".
- Features the "R" mintmark of the IPZS in Rome.
Showcase your certified Italian 50 Euro Gold coin by adding a presentation box to your order.
This beautiful Italian Gold coin is the perfect addition for any artistic coin collector. Add this near perfect example to your cart today!