The second coin in the Destiny Knight Series. The Dragon pays homage to the Scottish Knights who perished in the war against the Spanish in 1588. this 2 oz Proof Silver coin reads “Destiny Is Not A Matter of Chance, It Is A Matter Of Choice”.
Building off the success of the highly popular "Raven" release, the Destiny Coin Series is proud to announce the 2nd coin in the series "The Dragon." The Dragon symbolizes our daily eternal and internal struggles. The Dragon is weathered, smart poised and he smells your fear. The Dragon reminds us to remain steadfast, unyielding and to never surrender.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of 2,500.
- Individual rounds ship in plastic capsules accompanied with a certificate of authenticity.
- Reverse: Depicts a fierce and menacing Dragon surrounded by a intricately designed border. Below the dragon reads, "Vincit Que Se Vincit" meaning "He Conquers Who Conquers Himself."
- Obverse: Features a Knight from the MacIan Clan of Scotland who was seeking revenge against the MacLean Clan who sided with the Spanish Armada and ravaged their land around Tobermory Bay.
- Edge: Features a unique serial number.
This distinctive 2 oz Destiny Coin would be an ideal gift for any history buff. Add this 2 oz Destiny Coin to your cart today!
In 1588 the Clans MacIan and McDonald of Scotland were ravaged and sacked village by village by the Clan MacLean with 100 mercenaries from the ship San Juan De Sicilia of the Spanish Armada to fight with them. When the MacIan and MacDonald reinforcements arrived, MacLeans and the Spaniards withdrew their burning and sacking. The Spaniards returned to their ship. Later, the bay was rocked with a huge explosion and the Gold filled galleon sank to the bottom of the sea. Could the Clans MacIan or MacDonald have organized this deed in seeking revenge for the sackings? The story is the stuff of legends and the mystery remains to this day.