2018 1 oz Silver Eagles (20-Coin MintDirect® Premier Tube)
Only coins received in the first 30 days of release from the U.S. Mint are eligible for the MintDirect® Premier designation. This provides assurance that these 1 oz Silver Eagles are among the best struck releases of the year.
- Each coin contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- This MintDirect® tube contains 20 Silver American Eagles for a total Silver weight of 20 oz.
- Multiples of 100 are packaged in five 20-coin mint tubes, which will be placed into a Silver Eagle APMEX® Mini Monster Box (9 3/4” x 2 1/2” x 3 1/2”).
- APMEX® Mini Monster Boxes hold Silver Eagle tubes and are stackable with other APMEX® MintDirect® Singles storage boxes and the APMEX® Monster Box.
- Obverse: Adolph A. Weinman’s design showing Lady Liberty draped in an American flag, walking gracefully as the sun rises over a ridge.
- Reverse: A heraldic eagle is shown below 13 small stars, representing the original colonies.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect and store your MintDirect® Premier tubes in secure U.S. Mint Monster Boxes.
With their beloved, patriotic design, Silver American Eagle coins provide diversity to investment portfolios with a hard asset that is both secure and internationally recognized. Add these truly beautiful Silver Eagle coins to your cart today!
January of every year, the United States Mint is required to deliver coins that carry the date of the new year. Accordingly, the dies used to strike the coins from the prior year are destroyed and new dies are engraved, prepared and deployed to strike the coins for the new year.
Because the coin dies wear down over thousands of strikes, the details of the engraved die that transfers to the newly struck coin begin to flatten, and the quality of the finished coin diminishes below standards. At this point, the dies are replaced. For each minting press, new dies may be required multiple times each year. Once the new dies are installed, the strike quality (the detail transferred to the newly struck coin) returns to its maximum. There is no public notice that dies are changed, and each minting press changes dies at different times required by die wear.
Each new year, the mint engraves new dies prominently featuring the date of the new year. As APMEX is a U.S. Mint authorized purchaser, its personnel have observed the die making process at the U.S. Mint at West Point, New York.
Because each new year brings new dies, APMEX has designated all products delivered by the U.S. Mint in January that go through the MintDirect® process as MintDirect® Premier. Each MintDirect® Premier tube is an unopened, sealed original Mint tube that is individually labeled, designating the coins as Premier. The MintDirect® Premier designation may not be recognized by external grading services. APMEX will only have a limited number of MintDirect® Premier products each year.
All MintDirect® products delivered in any month other than January will carry the usual MintDirect® label designating that the original U.S. Mint tube has not been opened since the coins were packaged at the Mint and accordingly are unsearched and unsorted. MintDirect® is a process exclusive to APMEX that guarantees these 2018 Silver American Eagle tubes come directly from the U.S. Mint and have remained unopened. Click here to learn all about MintDirect® products from APMEX.