This huge, 2 inch diameter, and stunning Gold proof features the seated goddess Britannia, vigilant and ready to defend her United Kingdom!
- Contains 1.12 oz of Gold.
- Comes packaged in a mint issued box and includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 778 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: A beautiful and faithful depiction of Britannia as she appears on the 1923 25 cents Shinplaster fractional banknote.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Add this beautiful $300 Gold coin to your cart today!
This fractional note was redesigned in 1900 and received another update in 1923. For the third time, the patron goddess of early British Celtic tribes was maintained as the theme of its design. Whereas Britannia appeared on the right side of the note face in 1900, she appeared at the note's center in 1923. An oval vignette focusing on her head and torso portrayed Britannia wearing a helmet and robe while holding a trident. The seal from the Department of Finance located to Britannia's left was another element that distinguished this issue from its predecessors, however, the reference to the cities where the note could be redeemed that had been removed from the back in 1900 remained unchanged in 1923.