Nice early 1928 $500 Federal Reserve Note from the Chicago Federal Reserve District graded Very Fine-35 PPQ by PCGS.
- This is a very attractive series 1928 $500 Federal Reserve Note from the Chicago district.
- Housed in an inert mylar currency holder.
- Signatures: Woods/Mellon signature combo—Friedberg#2200a-G
- This note is graded Very Fine-35 EPQ by PCGS.
- Last printed in 1945 and features a portrait of President William McKinley.
Here's your chance to own one of these pieces of history that saw very little use. Add this excellent example to your cart today!
An interesting aspect of the Federal Reserve Notes from 1928 is that their redemption wording states, "Redeemable in Gold on Demand at the United States Treasury, or in Gold or Lawful Money at any Federal Reserve Bank." No Federal Reserve Note since 1928 has carried this redemption.