Here's a Series 1934 One Dollar Silver Certificate in Extra Fine condition. This is a well preserved example of the transitional design. These notes are getting tougher to find in this grade! Friedberg #1606.
- This denomination and type was issued for only one year, but widely circulated during the 1930's and beyond.
- Each note comes housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Notes from series 1934 were the last to feature the Funnyback design.
- Lightly circulated examples in Extra Fine condition.
- Last printed in early 1935 and feature the familiar portrait of President George Washington.
These Series 1934 Silver Certificates were printed in large numbers (over 680 million), but saw extensive circulation during the years of the Great Depression making nice specimens such as this highly sought after by collectors. Also desirable as a one year type issue, and being over 80 years old, are not that easy to find. Julian/Morgenthau signatures and Friedberg#1606.
Currency -- why buy Currency from APMEX?Currency such as Federal Reserve Notes, Silver Certificates, Gold Certificates and Legal Tender Issues are all popular collectibles and a nice addition to any numismatic collection. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, and Currency.
|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Bureau of Engraving & Printing|