This perfect MS-70 1 oz Gold coin, with a mintage of only 30,000, celebrates the Year of the Monkey, the ninth animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac. Each coin contains .9999 fine Gold, providing Gold value beyond the collector appeal.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the MS-70 condition of this coin.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the Gold purity and face value.
- Reverse: Features an adult monkey sitting on a branch of a peach tree, symbolic of longevity and immortality. The Chinese character for "monkey" and the inscription "Year of the Monkey" also appear in the design with the Perth Mint’s traditional "P" mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect and display your Gold Lunar Monkey coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this spectacular 2016 1 oz Gold Lunar Year of the Monkey release from the Perth Mint to your cart today!
These superb releases are perfect for people born in the Year of the Monkey – 1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004 and 2016.