When the American Gold Buffalo coin arrived on the scene in 2006, it immediately demanded a place among the world's elite bullion coins. Each 2006 Gold Buffalo coin contains 1 oz of pure .9999 fine Gold.
- Contains 1 oz .9999 fine Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the near-perfect MS-69 condition of the coin.
- The First Strike label guarantees this coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of the coin's release.
- Features the Black Diamond label, which is exclusive to PCGS.
- Obverse: Rendition of James Earle Fraser's acclaimed 1913 Buffalo Nickel design of an American Indian.
- Reverse: Image of Black Diamond, the largest American buffalo in New York City's Central Park Zoo in the early 1900s.
Display your Gold Buffalo in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Containing a full ounce of .9999 fine Gold and featuring iconic designs, it is easy to see why the Gold American Buffalo is one of the most popular Gold coins in the United States. Add this 2006 1 oz Gold Buffalo to your cart today!
The design of this Gold bullion coin is based on James Earle Fraser’s iconic and wildly popular 1913 Buffalo Nickel. The obverse of the coin depicts the profile of a Native American man who was modeled after three different chiefs from Native American tribes: Lakota chief Iron Tail, Cheyenne chief Two Moons and Seneca chief John Big Tree. The reverse of the coin features the classic buffalo designed after Black Diamond, a 1,550-pound bison that lived in New York City’s Central Park Zoo in the early 1900s.
American Gold Buffalos are struck at the West Point Mint in New York. Known as the “Fort Knox of Silver”, the West Point Mint produces all American Eagle coins in Gold, Silver and Platinum as well as all Gold and some Silver commemorative coins.