As the second coin in a series featuring selective black rhodium plating, this fine Silver sets the tone for the night scene on the reverse, where moonlight suddenly reveals the bat’s shadowy presence.
From the edge of the Arctic tundra to the Great Lakes, the little brown bat owns the night by using echolocation to locate its insect prey.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 7,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Depicts a brown bat descending upon its prey with engraved full moon in the background.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this innovative 2017 1 oz Silver Brown Bat coin to your cart today!
The reverse design by Canadian artist Calder Moore brings the viewer face-to-face with the little brown bat. Rhodium plating represents the dark night sky that fills most of the field, save for the full moon that is faithfully engraved at the center. The enhanced shine of the coin’s Silver surface mimics the effect of lunar luminosity in this nocturnal setting, where a little brown bat suddenly makes its presence known overhead. The rhodium-plated hunter appears like a shadowy figure in the night thanks to a matte finish. And with moonlight spilling down across its back and outstretched wings, the bat’s engraved features are faintly visible.