Celebrate a unique Canadian achievement with this unique rectangular coin honoring the connection of The Great Trail by Trans Canada Trail, in time for Canada’s 150th anniversary of Confederation.
The realization of a dream can only be celebrated once. Mark the historic connection of The Great Trail by Trans Canada Trail with this unique rectangular coin that echoes the shape of a fold-out map.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes packaged in a maroon clamshell display box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 5,500 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features the Great Trail of Canada with hikers walking away from the viewer.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this unique rectangle 1 oz Silver Great Trail coin to your cart today!
Canadian artist Steve Hepburn has created a dynamic design that focuses on a pair of hikers selectively enhanced with color to draw the viewer in to explore The Great Trail of Canada. The hikers are walking away from the viewer, towards the center of the coin where the logo for the Trans Canada Trail is depicted in full color with "CANADA" engraved on the left, and the face value "$25" and year "2017" engraved on the right. A series of vignettes along the outer edge of the design illustrate the Trail’s diverse landscapes and the popular ways in which the Trail can be explored. Clockwise from the upper right corner, agricultural lands nestled in foothills, cycling along a rural trail, canoeing through wetlands, with horseback riding above, backpacking across rocky terrain where colorful wildflowers fill the open spaces, snowmobiling up a hill, cross-country skiing across open terrain with snow-covered evergreens.