This must-have set celebrates the nation’s most eminent symbol with four Silver fractional coins that evoke the rich diversity of maple leaves found throughout this great land.
This set features leaves from the silver maple, a species native to Canada, and a focal point of Canada’s National Flag. The text layout echoes that of the famous Silver Maple Leaf bullion coins, yet another notable Canadian achievement embodied by the beloved maple leaf!
- Contains 1.9 oz .9999 fine Silver.
- Includes rare, double dated (1867-2017), and highly collectible fractional coins in 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/10 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Fractional set comes in a burgundy clamshell collector box with black sleeve and accompanied by a serialized certificate.
- Limited mintage of 5,500 sets.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: All five coins feature a reverse design that showcases Canada’s beloved symbol: the iconic maple leaf. Recreating the leaf’s appearance in a natural setting, three different sizes of maple leaves are joined at the stem and gently splay out to fill the entirety of the reverse.
The reverse proof finish gives the leaves a beautiful, natural shine against the frosted background. Add this unique 2017 4-Coin Maple Leaf fractional set to your cart today!
Stan Witten, a Canadian artist and senior engraver at the Royal Canadian Mint, has created an overlay design of three silver maple leaves, each leaf becoming progressively smaller and selectively enhanced with its own distinctive finish. The leaves are from the silver maple and are executed in a timeless, classical style with a unique double-date (1867-2017) flanking the stalk of the largest leaf.