According to the Chinese zodiac, 2018 is the year of “Man’s most loyal friend.” Those born under the sign of the Dog are loyal guardians and honest friends who are eternally compassionate.
In an on-going celebration of traditional Chinese-Canadian culture, this fine Silver coin by the Royal Canadian Mint commemorates 2018 as the Year of the Dog and honors all those born under its sign.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a satin-like case with a custom red sleeve.
- Mintage of 15,888 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: A stylized depiction of a Dog standing above a traditional Chinese latticework that incorporates a rose, one of the Dog’s lucky flowers. A rose also appears on the Dog’s chest, while oncidium and cymbidium orchids, the Dog’s other floral charms, fill the remainder of its silhouette. The Chinese character for Dog appears to the right. Beautiful engraving captures the energy of the loyal Dog personality that is always poised and ready to play, or protect.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Lunar coins are popular around the world for their unique designs. Add this 2018 Silver $10 Lunar Year of the Dog to your cart today!
The perfect gift or keepsake for a friend or loved one born in the Year of the Dog: 1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006 and this year’s newborns from February 16, 2018 to February 4, 2019.