According to the Chinese zodiac, 2018 is the year of “Man’s most loyal friend.” Those born under the sign of the Dog are loyal guardians and honest friends who are eternally compassionate.
Celebrate the Year of the Dog with a scallop-shaped coin that pays tribute to all who are born under this sign. Crafted in 99.9% pure Silver and brimming with light, the proof background adds a mirror-like effect to the design, infusing it with a reflective shine that enhances the engraved relief.
- Contains .86 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a satin-like case with a custom red sleeve.
- Mintage of 18,888 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Viewed in side profile, a Chinese Shar Pei dog is the very image of a faithful protector and courageous companion as it looks beyond the coin’s scalloped rim.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Lunar coins are popular around the world for their unique designs. Add this 2018 Silver $10 Lunar Year of the Dog coin to your cart today!
The reverse commemorates 2018 as the Year of the Dog with a design that emphasizes the noble character of its animal representative. Viewed in side profile, the dog is the very image of a faithful protector and courageous companion as it looks beyond the coin’s scalloped rim. Beneath its muzzle lies the engraved Chinese character for “dog,” while the timeless beauty of magnolia blossoms adds an ornamental flourish to the left side of the coin. These ancient blooms are far more symbolic, however, for they represent nobility and purity, and are a fitting floral tribute to a sign associated with some of humanity’s more virtuous qualities.