As the third release in this exciting series representing ancient Norse mythology, the goddess of the dead and the queen of the underworld is beautifully depicted on this high relief coin.
Born with the bones on one side of her face and body exposed, Hel is one of the most fearsome looking goddesses. She is described as hag-like, appearing half-alive and half-dead, and is often depicted alongside the World Tree with the dragon Nidhug who lives at the base of the tree.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a prestigious display case.
- Struck in high relief and has an antique finish, which adds to the aesthetic appeal when held and helps accentuate the design.
- Obverse: Displays a right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: The reverse of the coin depicts Hel sitting cross-legged underneath the first World Tree with Nidhug wrapped around the base of the tree. Some of the tree roots depict faces of the lost souls she watches over. The inscription HEL and The Perth Mint’s traditional "P" mintmark also feature in the design.
With a mintage of 2,000 coins, these are sure to be quick sell-outs from the Perth mint. Add this high relief coin to your cart today!
To capture the depth and detail of the design, the coin is struck in high relief to a rimless format, and has been individually antiqued to give it a unique finish conveying the surface abrasions of an ancient artifact. As a result of this treatment, the appearance of each coin may vary.