The third coin in the charming Polar Babies series features the beautiful Harp Seal. The Harp Seal can be found in Alaska, Canada, Greenland, Russia, Norway, Scandinavia and Iceland and is perfectly adapted to live in sub-zero temperatures.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Displayed in a classic presentation case, the coin is delivered in a delightful colored shipper with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination, country and year.
- Reverse: The coin’s reverse features a Harp Seal resting on the ice. The inscription HARP SEAL and The Perth Mint’s "P" mintmark also appear in the design.
- Guaranteed by the Tuvalu government.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any numismatic collection. Add this 1/2 oz Harp Seal coin to your cart today!
Harp seal pups are famous for their bright, snowy white coats which help them to blend into their surroundings, hiding them from predators and keeping them warm at the same time. When the pups reach three weeks of age, their fluffy white coat starts to molt, revealing a darker, silvery gray colored fur. These incredible creatures are named for the pattern that forms on their back as they grow older which resembles a harp. This pattern is most distinct on male harp seals.