2018 5 oz Silver ATB Block Island MS-69 DMPL PCGS (FS)
Block Island National Wildlife Refuge, Rhode Island located 12 miles off the coast is an important habitat for migrating birds. This coin is graded MS-69 DMPL First Strike by PCGS with the American Flag label.
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- PCGS certification guarantees the MS-69 DMPL condition of the coin.
- The First Strike designation ensures that the coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of "United States of America", "Liberty", "In God We Trust" and "Quarter Dollar".
- Reverse: Depicts an image of Block Island National Wildlife Refuge.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect your graded Silver America The Beautiful coin in style by adding a beautiful display box to your cart.
These coins are sought after by investors for their .999 fine Silver content, and demanded by collectors for their artistic value. Add this attractive coin to your collection today!
Block Island National Wildlife Refuge
Block Island National Wildlife Refuge, named after the Dutch explorer Adriaen Block, lies 12 miles off the coast of Rhode Island on the Outer Lands coastal archipelago. The island was incorporated by Rhode Island in 1672 and today 40 % of the island is dedicated to preservation with an island population of 1,000 people. There are 17 miles of beach on the island and the 134 acres of conserved lands were established as a refuge in 1973. As recently as 2016 the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service approved the Great Thicket National Wildlife Refuge for managing shrub land habitat for the animal life in the Northeast. Together this land is an important area for migratory songbirds which pass by the island each fall, not surprisingly the island is a popular destination for birdwatchers.