All $5 Red Seal notes in this listing will grade Almost Uncirculated. They will come from series’ of our choice, from 1953 through 1953-C.
- These $5 Red Seals were issued beginning in 1953.
- Face: A portrait of President Abraham Lincoln.
- Back: An engraving of the Lincoln Memorial.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- These notes will be in Almost Uncirculated condition.
- Near new notes from series 1953.
United States Notes were adopted for circulation during the Civil War in 1862 in denominations from One through One Thousand Dollars. The $5 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960s when the denomination was discontinued. Although they are still legal tender, their red seals and serial numbers and competitive prices make them great collector’s items.