As low as $6.99 per item!
This series is the last of the Red Seal type issued in this denomination! Buy 5 or more and save $$$! Buy 10 notes and up and save even more!! Series 1963 $5 United States Notes (Red Seal). These make great gifts for the beginning collector!
- These $5 Red Seals were issued beginning in 1963.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Circulated notes from series 1963.
- These notes will be in Average Circulated (Very Good to Very Fine) condition.
- Each note has a portrait of President Abraham Lincoln on the face with an engraving of the Lincoln Memorial on the back.
United States Notes were adopted for circulation during the Civil War in 1862 in denominations from One through One Thousand Dollars. The $5 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960's when the denomination was discontinued. Although they are still legal tender, their red seals and serial numbers and competitive prices make them great collector items. In addition, their original printing of just over 63 million is small by today's standards!