Star ★ Notes are printed by the Bureau of Engraving & Printing to replace notes that had errors in production. Only 3,840,000 ★ notes were printed, which is about 5% of total production, making these highly sought after by collectors!
- These $5 Red Seals were issued beginning in 1963.
- Each note will be housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Star ★ Note graded Crisp Uncirculated.
- Face: A portrait of President Abraham Lincoln.
- Back: An engraving of the Lincoln Memorial.
Protect your Small Size Currency by adding a protective currency holder to your order.
These notes are a great part of history that can be added to any collection. Add some of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
Signatures of Granahan/Dillon—Friedberg#1536*.
United States Notes were adopted for circulation during the Civil War in 1862 in denominations from One through One Thousand Dollars. The $5.00 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960s when this type was discontinued. Although these notes are still legal tender, their red seals and serial numbers make them great collector items.