Only $10.99 per item!
These $5 Silver Certificates are all over 50 years old and grade Extra Fine. These notes are nice quality for the beginning collector and are great for a type set!
- $5 Silver Certificates issued beginning in 1953.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Lightly circulated notes from series 1953 through 1953-C in Extra Fine condition.
- Face: A portrait of President Abraham Lincoln.
- Back: An engraving of the Lincoln Memorial.
Protect your Small Size Currency by adding a protective currency holder to your order.
Silver Certificates were adopted for circulation in this denomination beginning in 1886. The $5 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960s when this type was discontinued. The $5 Federal Reserve Note then became the only type circulating.
These notes are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection. Add some of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
Series 1953 through 1953-C will be of our choice and limited to available inventory
Series 1953 $5 Silver Certificates were printed in large numbers, and saw heavy usage until the type was discontinued in the 1960s. These $5 Silvers are popular with collectors. Although they are still legal tender, their blue seals and serial numbers make them great collector items.