Gorgeous Series 1953-A $5.00 Silver Certificates attractively priced to meet any budget.
- These $5 Silver Certificates were issued beginning in 1957.
- Housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Graded Crisp Uncirculated.
- Face: A portrait of President Abraham Lincoln.
- Back: An engraving of the Lincoln Memorial.
Protect your Small Size Currency by adding a protective currency holder to your order.
These notes are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection. Add some of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
Priest/Anderson signatures—Friedberg #1656.
Silver Certificates were adopted for circulation in this denomination beginning in 1886. The $5 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960s when this type was discontinued. The $5 Federal Reserve Note then became the only type circulating.
These notes saw heavy usage until the type was discontinued in the 1960s. These $5 Silvers are popular with collectors and will make a great addition to any paper money collection.