When the American Gold Buffalo coin arrived on the scene in 2006, it immediately demanded a place among the world's elite bullion coins. These examples have the added benefit of being certified by NGC, one of the top two coin grading services.
- Contains 1 oz .9999 fine Gold.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- The First Strikes designation guarantees that NGC received the coin within the first 30 days of its release from the mint.
- Obverse: Rendition of James Earle Fraser's acclaimed 1913 Buffalo Nickel design of an American Indian.
- Reverse: Image of Black Diamond, the largest American buffalo in New York City's Central Park Zoo in the early 1900s.
Protect and display your Gold Buffalo in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Containing a full ounce of .9999 Gold and featuring iconic designs, it is easy to see why the Gold American Buffalo is one of the most popular Gold coin in the United States. Add this 2006 1 oz Gold Buffalo to your cart today!
The design of this Gold bullion coin is based on James Earle Fraser’s iconic and wildly popular 1913 Buffalo Nickel. The obverse of the coin depicts the profile of a Native American man who was modeled after three different chiefs from Native American tribes: Lakota chief Iron Tail, Cheyenne chief Two Moons and Seneca chief John Big Tree. The reverse of the coin features the classic buffalo designed after Black Diamond, a 1,550-pound bison that lived in New York City’s Central Park Zoo in the early 1900s.
American Gold Buffalos are struck at the West Point Mint in New York. Known as the “Fort Knox of Silver”, the West Point Mint produces all American Eagle coins in Gold, Silver and Platinum as well as all Gold and some Silver commemorative coins.