The obverse of this Silver Maple Leaf coin features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II at age 79. This likeness was created by Susanna Blunt and was first used on Maple Leaf coins in 2004.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 Fine Silver.
- Coin comes either in original sealed plastic from the mint or in a plastic flip, but is verified to be in BU condition.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: The iconic Maple Leaf design, featuring a large, single Maple Leaf with the weight and purity.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Protect and display your Silver Maple Leaf in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Update your set by adding this 2007 Silver Maple Leaf to your cart today!
Before the birth of the Royal Canadian Mint, every coin that was in circulation in Canada had to be produced at the Royal Mint in London or at the private Heaton Mint in Birmingham, England. So, in 1890, the Royal Canadian Mint was proposed and 18 years later on January 2, 1908 Canadian Governor General Lord Earl Gray struck the first domestically produced coin in Ottawa. Since then, the Royal Canadian Mint has been known for its exceptional quality, sophistication and innovation.
The Silver Maple Leaf has undergone some changes in its design, but overall, the main elements of this iconic Silver coin have remained the same. The obverse of the coin features the profile of Queen Elizabeth II while the reverse displays a maple leaf, an image closely associated with Canadian pride and nationalism. In 2014, a micro-engraved, textured maple leaf featuring the year of issue and a radial-line background were added to ensure the authenticity of the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf. In addition to the added security, these features also add to the beauty of each individual coin, as each pattern of radial lines is unique and creates a specific light-diffracting pattern.