The Eisenhower Dollar, aka the Ike Dollar, was the first dollar minted after the Peace Dollar that was intended for circulation and commemorates the great accomplishments of General/President Dwight D. Eisenhower and the successful Apollo XI moon landing.
- Contains .3161 oz. of Silver.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in protective plastic tubes. All other coins will be in protective plastic.
- Obverse: Features a striking profile of General/President Dwight David Eisenhower facing left with the legend of “LIBERTY” above his head. Underneath his chin is the motto “IN GOD WE TRUST” with the bicentennial date of “1776-1976” at the base of his profile. Mintmarks appear below Eisenhower’s neck above the third and fourth number in the date of the coin.
- Reverse: Proudly displays the Liberty Bell in front of an image of the full moon and the legend of “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” is separated from the denomination of “ONE DOLLAR” by two stars. To the right of the Liberty Bell and underneath the moon is the motto “E PLURIBUS UNUM.” The Type-1 Ike dollars is easily distinguishable by the bold lettering on the Reverse of the coin.
- This issue features the mintmark “S” for the San Francisco Mint just above the date.
Protect and preserve your Ike Dollars by adding a protective Dansco album to your order.
Preserve a part of American History by starting your own collection of Ike Dollars. Add to your collection by including this Gem Proof 1976-S 40% Silver Eisenhower Dollar in your cart today.