Also known as the Ike Dollar, the Gem Proof quality Eisenhower Silver Dollar was the first dollar minted after the Peace Dollar and was minted to celebrate the accomplishments of General/President Dwight D. Eisenhower and the success of the Apollo XI.
- Contains .3161 oz. of Silver.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in protective plastic tubes. All other coins will be in protective plastic.
- Obverse: Features a striking profile of General/President Dwight David Eisenhower facing left with the legend of “LIBERTY” above his head. Underneath his chin is the motto “IN GOD WE TRUST” with the date at the base of his profile. Mintmarks appear below Eisenhower’s neck above the third and fourth number in the date of the coin.
- Reverse: Reflects the design of the Apollo XI’s insignia. Depicted is an eagle flying over the surface of the moon with an olive branch firmly grasped in his claws with a small planet earth turned so that North America can be seen. Thirteen stars surround the eagle’s flight. The legend at the top displays “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” with the motto “E PLURIBUS UNUM” directly underneath, and the denomination of “ONE DOLLAR” at the bottom of the coin.
- This issue features the mint mark “S” for the San Francisco Mint just above the date.
Protect and preserve your Ike Dollars by adding a protective Dansco album to your order.
Preserve a part of American History by starting your own collection of Ike Dollars. Add to your collection by including this 1974-S 40% Silver Eisenhower Dollar Gem Proof in your cart today.