Considered by many as the "Pinnacle of U.S. Paper Money design". This $1 Educational Note is a must have for any Large Size currency collector.
From the famous Educational Series, this $1 Silver Certificate depicts History Instructing Youth: to the right, the Constitution; in the background, the Washington Monument and the Capitol; around the borders, the names of great Americans in wreaths.
- Lowest denomination of this famous series issued.
- Each note comes housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Circulated notes from series 1896.
- Note is in Very Good condition with much wear, but basically intact.
- Features a vignette of "History Instructing Youth" on the front, with dual portraits of George and Martha Washington on the back.
Silver Certificates are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection. These notes were backed by and could be redeemed for Silver coin. Add one of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
Series 1896 Silver Certificates were issued in denominations of $1, $2 and $5. These are referred to as the Educational Series for their artistic designs. These notes are some of the most in demand of all U.S. paper money!