This series 1899 $1 Silver Certificate is known as the "Black Eagle" note due to the prominence of our national symbol on the front. This is an earlier issue with Vernon/McClung signatures.
- Issued beginning in 1899 until 1923.
- Housed in an archival quality currency holder.
- This note has Very Fine Details.
- Face: A large eagle with spread wings perched above small portraits of Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses S. Grant.
- Back: Obligation language at center with the denomination among stylized scrollwork.
This tough Friedberg number has a few places of thinning/missing paper, so it is priced to save you $$$! Add this 1899 $1.00 Silver Certificate to your cart today!
Vernon/McClung signatures—Friedberg #229.
The Vernon/McClung signature combo indicates this note was printed sometime between November of 1909 and March of 1911.
Currency -- why buy Currency from APMEX?Currency such as Federal Reserve Notes, Silver Certificates, Gold Certificates and Legal Tender Issues are all popular collectibles and a nice addition to any numismatic collection. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, and Currency.
|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Bureau of Engraving & Printing|