Series 1923 $1 United States Note, (aka Legal Tender Note) is a radical departure from the previous series, and begin the road to uniformity that our currency is on to this day.
- The last issue of Large Size U.S. Notes in the One Dollar denomination.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- This note is in Very Fine plus condition.
- Face: Head of President George Washington between Red Treasury Seal at the left and the denomination at the right.
- Back: Legend with a large number "1" in each corner among stylized scrollwork.
These notes are popular among collectors being the last of this type in Large Size. Notes at this level of preservation make this type affordable for the beginning currency collector. Add this 1923 $1.00 Legal Tender issue to your cart today!
Speelman/White signature combo—Friedberg #40.
Although these red seals have the same basic design as the 1923 Silver Certificates, they are much less common.
Currency -- why buy Currency from APMEX?Currency such as Federal Reserve Notes, Silver Certificates, Gold Certificates and Legal Tender Issues are all popular collectibles and a nice addition to any numismatic collection. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, and Currency.
|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Bureau of Engraving & Printing|