Series 1899 $2 Silver Certificate. This is the last series of Large Size Silver Certificates in this denomination.
Head of President George Washington between figures of Mechanics and Agriculture.
- Last of this denomination issued in this type.
- Each note comes housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Graded Fine.
- Signatures: Lyons/Treat. Friedberg #250.
- Face: Head of President George Washington between allegorical figures of Mechanics and Agriculture.
- Back: Obligation language with a large number "2" in each corner among stylized scrollwork.
Series 1899 $2 Silver Certificates were the last Silvers issued in this denomination. No small size deuces were ever printed as Silver Certificates. An artistic design featuring a small portrait of George Washington between allegorical figures representing Mechanics and Agriculture. The back has the obligation, type and denomination printed in a frame type border.