This inaugural year Proof Buffalo has been certified as a near-perfect PR-69 by PCGS, one of the top coin grading services, adding further collectible appeal. These Proof Gold Buffalo coins are minted at the West Point Mint and bear the "W" mintmark.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- First year of issue for the Proof Buffalo!
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees the coin's proof 69 Deep Cameo condition.
- Obverse: Depicts James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of a Native American in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: Features an American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your graded Gold Buffalo in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Buy America's premier Gold coin in a beautiful proof finish from the West Point Mint. Add this 2006-W 1 oz Proof Gold Buffalo certified PR-69 by PCGS to your cart today!