These Proof Gold Eagle coins are minted at the West Point Mint and bear the "W" mintmark. Each of these examples has been certified as perfect 70 by PCGS, one of the top coin grading services, adding further collectible appeal.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees the coin's proof 70-Deep Cameo condition.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design featuring Lady Liberty walking confidently against the sun’s rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek showing a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your graded Gold Eagle in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Buy America's premier Gold coin in a beautiful proof finish from the West Point Mint. Add 1988-W 1 oz Proof Gold Eagles certified PR-70 by PCGS to your cart today!
Gold American Eagles -- why buy Gold from APMEX?The American Gold Eagle is one of the world's favorite Gold bullion products. To buy U.S. Gold Eagles for your investment portfolio, call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Gold! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Grade:||Proof - 70 DCAM|
|Mint Mark:||W - West Point|
|Metal Content:||1 troy oz|