This Silver Dollar is the first coin depicting a First Lady of the United States, commemorating the 150th anniversary of Dolley Madison's death.
- Contains .7734 oz of Silver.
- Encapsulation by PCGS guarantees the condition of the coin.
- Mintage of only 89,104.
- Obverse: Features Madison on the grounds of the Montpelier estate with her favorite Cape Jasmine flowers.
- Reverse: Displays an image of Montpelier.
- Guaranteed by the United States Mint.
Protect and display your Dolley Madison $1 Silver Commem in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this 1999 Dolley Madison Proof Silver coin to your cart today!
Dolley Madison was the wife of President James Madison. Mrs. Madison served as hostess at the White House for 16 years, during the term of widowed President Thomas Jefferson, and then during her husband's administration. When British troops sacked Washington, D.C. in 1814 she rescued Gilbert Stuart's painting of George Washington from the flames of the burning White House.